Guidelines For Authors
The Faculty of Sports Science and Recreation, Universiti Teknologi MARA, 40450 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia, welcomes manuscripts on original research, theoretical reviews, and applications from professionals and practitioners in the field of Sport Science and Recreation, in Malaysia, Asia, and the rest of the world, with the understanding that contents are original and have not been previously published or currently been submitted to other journals for publication. The Editorial Board of the Malaysian Journal of Sport Science and Recreation is prepared to consider for publication:
- Reports of empirical studies likely to further our understanding of Sports Science and Sports Management;
- Critical reviews of the literature;
- Theoretical contributions; and
- Applied contributions.
THE EDITORIAL PROCESS
The Editorial Board and two anonymous referees will assess all submitted manuscripts in terms of their scientific merit, readability, and interest to a general readership, to decide their inclusion in the journal. Reviews of the manuscript will be done by double-blind peer review.
Initially, the manuscript would be reviewed by the Editorial Board to assess its academic merit. Those considered to be without academic merit would be returned to the author(s).
Manuscripts deemed appropriate to have academic merit will be submitted to two anonymous referees (by double-blind peer review) considered to have expertise in the area relating to the contents of the manuscripts for review.
The referees will not be made aware of the identity of the author (s). All information about the authorship including personal acknowledgments and institutional affiliations should, therefore, be confined to a removable front page (and the text should be free of all clues that might reveal the identity of the author (s).
- Owe responsibility of ensuring only new and original work is submitted.
- Must not reproduce work that had been previously published in other journals.
- Must not submit any articles that is being reviewed or considered by the journal to other journals simultaneously.
- Only allowed to publish their work elsewhere after receiving a formal rejection from the journal or if they request to withdraw their work is officially accepted by the journal.
- Must inform the Editor in Chief or the publisher of any inaccuracy of data in their published work so that correction or retraction of article could be done.
- Make significant contributions and held accountable for any shortcoming in their work.
- The author-editor relationship is founded on confidentiality. Authors should hold all communication between themselves and the journal in confidence. Authors should designate a specific contact for all communication about the manuscript throughout peer review and (if accepted) the publication process. Authors should observe journal policy on communication with external peer reviewers (the policy may vary depending on whether a journal uses masked or non- masked peer review) and should observe journal policy on prepublication embargoes.
- Ensure that they have acknowledged any funding that have contributed to the publication.
- Provide the raw data in connection with a paper for editorial review, and should be prepared to provide public access and retain such data for a reasonable time after publication.
- Include a statement in the manuscript that informed consent was obtained for experimentation with human subjects.
- Obtain appropriate consents, permissions and releases where an author wishes to include case details or other personal information or images of patients and any other individuals.
- Ensure that all appropriate co-authors have seen and approved the final version of the paper.
- Give consent to the manuscript submission for publication.
- Manage any requests to add, delete or rearrange author names in an article published in an online issue
Authors submit only original work that is not plagiarized, it has not been published or being considered elsewhere. Appropriate software may be used by the editorial office to check for similarities of submitted manuscripts with existing literature. Inclusion of fraudulent or knowingly inaccurate statements are unacceptable. Work and/or words from other publications must be appropriately cited or quoted.
The Editorial Committee aims to shape the scientific journal environment such as ethical publishing practices, inform those involved in the editorial process, and foster informed decision-making by editors so the integrity of our publications is upheld. In addition, publishers and editors take reasonable steps to identify and prevent the publication of papers where research misconduct has occurred; in no event shall a journal or its editors encourage such misconduct, or knowingly allow such misconduct to take place; in the event that a journal’s publisher or editors are made aware of any allegation of research misconduct the publisher or editor shall deal with allegations appropriately; the journal should have available guidelines for retracting or correcting articles when needed; and finally publishers and editors should always be willing to publish corrections, clarifications, retractions and apologies when needed.
COPYRIGHT AND ACCESS
Authors who claim ownership to the data being reported, along with the manuscript’s authors, may be asked to sign over certain publication rights to the journal through copyright transfer or a licensing agreement. Authors should be aware of, and must abide by, the terms of these agreements.
The Malaysian Journal of Sport Science and Recreation (MJSSR) is published online with a frequency of two (2) issues per year (March & September- from 2019).
Penerbit UiTM Press and FSR UiTM Shah Alam as the publisher is committed to ensuring that advertising, reprint or other commercial revenue has no impact or influence on editorial decisions. In addition, Penerbit UiTM Press / FSR will assist in communications with other journals and/or publishers where this is useful to editors. Finally, Penerbit UiTM Press will work closely with other publishers and industry associations to set standards for best practices on ethical matters, errors and retractions--and are prepared to provide specialized legal review and counsel if necessary. However, the MJSSR is on - line publication under the MyJurnal MCC website, MyJMS and mjssr.com. Please visit the listed website to browse for our journals: